There are numerous advantages to purchasing a high-quality shower mat. You’ll not only avoid any potential slip and fall injuries, but you’ll also soak up any water spills and protect your flooring from water damage. Choosing the best bath non slip mat will also offer a sense of class to your bathroom or shower area.
Rubber vs. Non-Slip Bath Mats: Which Is Better?
When selecting the best bath mats for your bathroom, safety is paramount. Although both rubber and a bath non slip mat can assist avoid slips and falls, they act in different ways:
Rubber bath mats: suction cups are placed inside the bathtub or shower and stick to the tub/shower floor. Use a rubber bath mat if you’re always worried about yourself, your children, or an older family member slipping inside the shower stall or tub. Non-slip bath mats get designed outside of the bath or shower. These mats include a rubber or mesh non-slip backing that keeps them firmly attached to the bathroom’s surface. Non-slip bath mats with a thick piece of rubber attached to the back are the best because they are less likely to slip.
Which Materials Make the Best Tub and Shower Mats?
PVC or rubber mats are the way to go if you want a mat to use inside your shower or tub. However, there are various possibilities if you use a bath mat outside of your shower or tub:
● Cotton carpets are durable and provide a soft, luxurious feeling. They soak up a lot of water and dry quickly on their own.
● Plastic mats are frequently used in showers and baths, as well as outside on rare occasions. They don’t absorb water and aren’t as fashionable as fabric alternatives.
● Another option is to use a bath mat composed of natural fibers. They absorb water effectively and can give a room a luxurious, spa-like atmosphere.
● PVC or rubber mats are ideal for use inside the tub since they offer complete protection against slips and falls.
● Cotton, microfiber, chenille, bamboo, and memory foam are all options for a mat to use outside of your tub or shower.
● Bath mats made of cotton or chenille are the most luxurious and expensive, providing a spa-like experience.
● Buy a microfiber bath mat for its durability, anti-slippery properties, and water absorbency if you’re on a tight budget.
● Even though your bath mats are anti-bacterial, you should wash and clean them at least once a week.